Friday, May 8, 2009

Life Anew

It feels good to walk outside today. I jogged, walked, and ran in intervals for a whole hour. As I did my routine at the park, I also took time to notice the beautiful weather and the faces of the passersby. There are all sorts of differences that I have witnessed for every step that I took while I was out running/jogging/walking. I thought about what goes on inside their minds. It might be that they also have problems so they are out to unwind, but moreover, I knew that they are out at the park to release stress and be relaxed for once. I realized ( for the millionth time, but finally fully acknowledging) that I should not shoulder all the problems in the world, or my world. There are so many things I should be thankful for, so many things I should appreciate and embrace, yet, I am sulking in my room for the past couple of months just staring on this computer screen. Pathetic, is it not? Well, until recently when a special friend tagged me on her note did I awoke from a long fantasy-filled dream where all of my wishes came true. It is now finally over. I am moving on. This is it. I am done waiting. I am done contemplating. I am done self-pitying. I am done! Moving on with life is so much better than getting stuck with the past that might have been all pretensions of whatsoever. My future seems to be brightening up and highlighting that, today I was interviewed for the UIC Honors College. I hope I get admitted because it will change the course of the road I am taking right now. I am indecisive, I admit, about where to go for my second year of college. I thought about just transferring to a better school after freshman year but then if I get in to this Honors College then i would not need to. Anyway, when it comes to my much anticipated summer, I think I will be having two jobs; one for the day and one for the night. I have to help out with the expenses at home. I am no longer dependent. I am now INDEPENDENT. I am so much HAPPIER!

I have to go now. I just wanted to write the present events occurring.

-I feel good-

No comments:

Post a Comment