Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I have recently read about the book/autobiography by Randy Pausch and somehow, reading it over again breaks my heart into million pieces. For some reason, I am only in my few pages but I kept on stopping and stopping until I just completely stopped and put the book down. It is so gut wrenching that I started to think about how hard life was for him and his family. Thus, before that, I asked myself how he managed to give this last lecture. There are so many reasons why I should be thankful with the life that I have right now, but I still complain. I always say that I wish this would happen, or that I hope I could have done that. Why can't I be just contented with what I have and be happy that I am not sick with only some months to live like him. Technically, this guy has a lot to complain for. He has a wife, 3 very young children, and dreams that cannot be fulfilled anymore. He has already passed away even before I started reading his autobiography, yet, I want to tell him that what he wrote and his courage has given so much inspiration to live my life to the fullest. Truthfully, there is only really one life to live. There are so many things that I want to do and really want to say while I am alive and healthy, but honestly, the first thing I would do is to let all of my loved ones know how much I care for them and how thankful I am that they let me become a part of their life.

"Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one-tenth the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out." -Randy Pausch



Even if my heart breaks while reading this, I have to continue. There is exactly 20 days left before school starts. I am excited, yet very scared. In contrast, I am still looking forward to it specially because of my new buddy: Nienke. She is gonna be my buddy for the rest of out college career.

-Andrea-

No comments:

Post a Comment