Monday, March 14, 2011

Té y Café ♥

*** I'd like to apologize for the tacos (curse words) on my last post. It was a frustrating event and I just had to release my anger. I am hoping for less frustrating events in the future and no more cursing like a sailor.***

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this post I am gonna talk about my recent paseos with my two new friends who also shares the same love I have for tea (té), coffee (café), and chocolate. =)

First off is my friend Paige Costello. Paige and I met during the bus ride at Madinat Al-Zahra in Córdoba. We just talked a bit that day but I decided that I should add her on Facebook to get to know her more and probably plan a little paseo. So, after planning what we should do for our first paseo, we decided to go to a tea shop located at the lower Albaycin called La Tettería Bañuelo (The Bathhouse Teashop). We went there on a rainy day but it did not stop us. Going inside the tea shop made me think that maybe it was a bad idea to go to a place as "shady" as that. There was just some weird vibe going on but we thought that we ought to give it a try. Why not, right? So, we sat and asked if they had a menu and we got this:

Don't you like how the edges look torn and old? After seeing this menu, I started to like the place little by little.


Paige and I started talking about random things while waiting for our tea and chocolate cake. It was so nice to be able to talk and just unwind. I also had to tell her that she kind of reminds me of Luna Lovegood, which was so funny because she was actually Luna Lovegood- Spell Gone Bad last Halloween! Coolios! But what was much funnier was that she planned to be Cho Chang and not Luna. It's just that when she tried to dye her blonde hair, the color came off and scattered all over her face instead. Haha! So funny... Anyway, our order came soon after and, mind you, the aroma of our tea just made me feel so relaxed in addition to seeing the delectable tarta de chocolate. Yum!

Here comes the tarta!!!!

Paige's tea <3>
The view outside the tea shop... so beautiful!

The tarta wasn't enough so Paige and I decided to split a box of buñuelos. Haha!
It was really good! We didn't think donuts could melt in your mouth!

We bought friendship bracelets at the pop-up stores near the Teatro Isabel Catolica as the last touch to a wonderful paseo... =)


Up next are pictures from the paseo with my friend Cynthia...


Paseos are suppose to be walks around the city but we decided to just chill at the coffee shop across my house called Noche y Día (night and day). Here in this picture, Cynthia is eating her luscious crépe with oozing chocolate. Omnoms to the maximum! Before this, she also drank a cup full of chocolate. Not hot chocolate, but the thick chocolate meant for eating with churros... She loves her chocolate... so.. Haha!

I went to get my usual coffee... I wasn't really feeling so chocolatey that day...

although I thought maybe I'd give it another chance... xD
GOFRES!!! MAMA MÍA!!!

This is just a B/W shot... felt like playing with the camera.

This was taken from the park where I waited for Cynthia..

My feet looked pretty that day... Hahaha!

Alrighty, folks... I've got more updates to come but I'll cut this one short cause I have to do some work.

Till next time... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment