Thursday, September 24, 2009

I really feel enlightened!

As if my whole life is laid in front of me right now and it is situated at the palm of my hands. I just got home about 3 hours ago from the APAMSA meeting/panel with medical school student. Suddenly, a lot of things came rushing in my head. It felt like outlines of things I have to accomplish in order to get into a really good and respectable med school. I have so many ideas right now. My ideas are overflowing and flooding my brain now. I can write them down and it will look like an autobiography in the making. I am so glad that I joined the APAMSA because in that group I will meet people with the same interests and maybe some day will be someone I would end up working with at the hospital. Physicians, or future physicians rather, coming together like this is just so awesome! I get to have an older sibling, too! That sibling will provide me information that will answer my med school questions. During the panel, they talked about what would look nice on a medical school application. They said that extracurricular activities will help a lot just as much as academics. There should be something shining in your application because there will be many others that will have the same high GPA and school ranking, or that they would have a higher MCAT scores. Personal statements are the ones that will break even the application process according to the panel. But before all of this things, we really should think about if this is what we want to do because it will seriously take a big chunk of our life away. I have many things that I am ready to sacrifice in order to become a surgeon, but like what this other med student said, those things will change once I actually become a medical student. Time will come when I wont be able to give those things up. They have also mentioned to do something other than the sciences as a major. You have to have a bit of fun, too. When I realized what they were saying, it just popped in my head what would my second major be. I thought of pursuing Japanese as my second major because it is a language where I think I wont get bored with. In addition to that, if I learn Japanese and become fluent at it, there will be a big possibility for me to do an externship in Japan and learn the latest in their medical technology. *thumbs up*

So... aside from school, I think I have some form of life, too!

Today I finally went back to the gym to workout. It has been a week since I last exercised. My body was craving for workout and so I went today. It was so refreshing and I feel so good right now! Anyway, my dearest friend Sergio got me the job at the Neuroscience Lab at UIC and so that means that I will have a second job now. Moreover, the job at the lab will help me with med school applications, too! All I can say is WOW and THANK YOU to him because of this. What is so funny is that I also got a call for an interview from Bath and Body Works asking to work for them. I am still thinking if I should take on a 3rd job or not. I am focused on school but I also need money. I hope my grades do not fluctuate. NO. They wont. I can do this! I am strong-willed, hardworking, dedicated, and passionate. I can do this.

Lastly for today's entry....

Sehyun is nice and really adorable. =)

Goodnight world! I am a happier person now.

-Andrea-

No comments:

Post a Comment