Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It has been a while since my last post here. I have been really busy and tired for the past couple of weeks and writing here just seemed like an extra load. Now that I finally have time to do so, I would. =)

Alright. So about two weeks ago I had an argument with my mom about the same thing over and over. I was studying day and night to pass all of my midterm exams and to prepare for the city science fair competition. Both of this ( the exams and science fair) happened in the same week. My mother told me that to be smart is not enough to prove that I am a good daughter. Sometimes I question myself, why does my mother get mad when I study like there is no tomorrow? Is it not for the benefit of all of us when that one day comes and I am already a successful neurosurgeon? She wants me to do the chores and I said I would. When I did not do it as fast as she wanted me to do it she got mad. I told here I would finish studying first then I will do the chores. Arguments erupted right there and then. I felt like I was alone. My dad sympathizes with my mother all the time and so I decided to just bottle everything up but this was a bad idea. During the exam week I was in a very bad mood and even innocent people suffer from my anger. I actually yelled at a classmate for the stupidest reason. I cried when I got home. The next day was the first day of the science fair. Even then, I carried my anger with me that was still bottled up inside. My friend Slavi dropped me off back at my house. The moment my dad saw me he asked me right away why I was like that to my mom. Why I was like that to my mom? What in the world did I do? I did not even raise my voice. I was just looking down and crying at my own misery. I reasoned out to my dad and told him that I will not say sorry because I was not at fault this time and that my mom needs to know when she is suppose to be the one to apologize. Although, in the end, I was the one to put the white flag down and approached my mom. After that, everything was ok again in the house. Moving on to life in school.... I am doing better I think. I have one C left and the rest are A's and B's. I did not win any cash prize at the science fair but I managed to snag a silver award. The science fair was not really very fun. The fun part was being with one of my nicest friends, Slavi. He picked me up and drove me back home during those science fair days. I do not know why, but I think I am crushing on Slavi little by little everyday. It seems like I am always glad to see him whenever I do. I talk about him a lot too. I just feel good when he is around. He is my prom date too! wow.. Life is really a rollercoaster, you do not know when it is uphill or downhill, everything is just a surprise and a jolt of a heartbeat. At this moment, the only problem I have is about my tuition fee for college which was estimated to be 26K a year. Where am I going to get that amount? My parents do not make a lot and so I would have to work 2 jobs from AM to PM so I could save up enough money to support my miscellaneous expenses and not ask my parents for more. It is already a burden to them to ask for my tuition fee. At least, i should handle the rest. The little things. I hope that I could get the scholarships I applied for.

There is HOPE

A-dieu

-Andrea-

No comments:

Post a Comment