Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pensando...

I have been living here in Spain for a month now and things are going great. I have repeatedly said that life here cannot get any better because I already love how it is now... although I cannot help but think about the people and the kind of life I had a month ago back in Chicago. I miss my parents, my siblings, and friends so much that I think it is safe to say that the "honeymoon stage" is finally wearing out. Well, maybe not entirely, but somehow I am starting to feel homesick. I miss the food my mom and my dad makes, Joy Yees, Panera, and even the cafeteria food at JST. I remember my room back at the dorms... I miss the Honors College lounge and the people that frequents it... I miss passing by UH even though the wind around there could potentially send me flying across campus... I miss going to the rec. center... I miss my brother and my sister... I miss my godson, Enzo... I miss my cousins and my cousin Gail's puppy, Chloe... I miss my job and my coworkers... I miss everything. And, on top of all of that, I miss the noise of downtown Chicago, the putrid smell of the Blue Line station, and the puddles of slush when snow melts and mixes with mud, which I never really thought I'd say... Oh, well... I have 6 months to go here in Spain and I should savor every moment that I'd be spending here such as the little chats over coffee with friends and the paseos (walks) with a little bit of rebajas (sales) like what I did today with my new friend, Elizabeth, who is also from Illinois. We talked about our lives, our goals, and what we expect to take from this experience here in Spain. We also had a little heart to heart chat about family stories, which almost got me a little emotional. I felt nostalgic and got a bit teary eyed while telling her snippets of my life story... but it also felt good because I haven't talked to anyone like that since I got here... =)

Here are some pictures with the people that I miss:

This picture was taken when I was, I think, 2 years old.

This is my little brother, Jericho.

This picture is one of my favorite... I miss you, daddy!

(L-R) My sister Marielle, my mom, and me! =)

This one here is taken from Spring '10. It was so nice outside we went out wearing shorts! It's gonna be this weather soon, Chicago!

My bro and I with our favorite dog, Chloe.

With Chole again!

Summer '10 with my friends Nienke and Brittany.

This is my godson, Enzo. He's so adorable! I can't believe how fast he's growing! He'll be a year old when I come back. I miss you, tabatchuy!

Ah.... my dear old single room at JST. I miss you soooo much!

The view everytime I wake up in the morning. It's not so spectacular but I still love it nonetheless.

My favorite HC lounge boys! (L-R) Bryan, D'feau, Alex, Akshay, Vishak, and Saif. Dan and Kevin aren't in the picture but they are included in my favorites too!

This was taken after one of our indoor soccer games. (L-R) Kripa, Tisa, and me.

With Monica and Ashley after my going away dinner at The Melting Pot.

Me and my gurlfraaaaaaans with Jared THE PIMP (our waiter for the night).

Awww... Cluster mates minus Bansri! (L-R) Estacia, Cece my love, me, and Amanda.



Well, now it's time for bed... I just had to say what I needed to say to let my dearest ones back in Chicago know that I miss them so much...

I MISS ALL OF YOU THERE BACK IN CHICAGO! I HOPE TO HEAR FROM ALL OF YOU SOON! <3

Good night...

No comments:

Post a Comment