Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Zumo de Naranja

I feel inspired to write more updates today although they might just be out of random. So, shall we begin?

Before anything else, reader, let me just tell you that my Islamic Civilization professor is one of the BOMBDIGGITY profs I have ever met in my college life. I cannot speak Spanish very well but I could understand it without much problems although sometimes the accent changes everything. My professor has an accent but he speaks to us clearly; word per word I understood everything he said. It was amazing how I was able to digest the topic we discussed in class today. We talked about the current situation happening in Egypt, the connection of the Arab world to Spain, and religious topics that I believe are sensitive but for the sake of learning it becomes objective. Anyway, moving on... After class my friend Erika and I went to the fotocopiadora to get our books. It's so nice that we do not have to buy lots of books and waste hundreds of dollars, or euros, for things we wont really be reading. The professors here just selects articles and compiles them so all we have to do is buy the selected articles together as a compilation. Obviously, not all professors here do that, but for the most part, at IES, they do. I have not spent more than 100 euros on books and papers at all. However, I had the mistake of buying some of my stuff at El Corte Ingles, which is a revamped Macy's here. It has most of the American products and other interesting things as well. The only thing that bothers me when going there is the fishy smell coming from the basement grocery store. My nose is just really sensitive to weird smells... Haha!




Speaking of smell, I think I've grown addicted to the smell of oranges mainly because I eat oranges everyday now. I eat it after lunch and during merienda time. I also drink freshly squeezed zumo de naranja a lot now. It's almost like living in a world full of orange. Everywhere I look, from the apartment where I live, beyond the bridge where I cross to go to school everyday... JUST EVERYWHERE! I swear there are orange trees! UH-MAY-ZING!!! I think when the time comes that I'd feel like buying a house, I will buy one here in Granada specifically at Sacromonte where my future house overlooks the city.

Well, well... I think I should take my siesta soon and then wake up to do my homework. Yes, I actually have homework to do.

Vale. Hasta luego, chicos y chicas. I'd be writing here again soon because I've got lots more stories to tell.

=)

1 comment:

  1. Dude, this blog is so professional! I'm really liking how the pics look. As far as the situation in Egypt is concerned, I have very strong opinions, but I'll just share them with you in person. Sorry I missed our date today.
    I'll make it up to you.

    ReplyDelete