Friday, February 25, 2011

¡Vamos A La Playa!

I don't really like going to beaches and I also don't like getting burned by the sun but today was different. My Ecosystems class went on a trip to Cerra Gordo in Almuñecar. On our way there, we stopped a couple of times to discuss different types of rocks along the highway. You might say it's boring but for us it was everything but that. Or maybe it's just me... I love science and this class isn't in Spanish so you could feel my joy because I can understand everything. It's also interesting because in Almuñecar and the other parts of the Andalusian region, the Mediterranean and the mountains are so close to each other. I thought I'd be going on this trip and then going home not learning anything new but I was wrong. There are so many things to learn in this region when it comes to the geological point of view. Some rock formations that should only be persistent in the African continent, such as the red soil, could be seen mixed up with the grey, brown, and almost white types of soil here in Andalusia. The soil isn't bright red but there's a red hue present. If we could recall, the continents are all connected before the ice melted during the Ice Age and because of this many species, creatures, and everything else has a connection no matter how far they are from each other at this point in time... Amazing, isn't it? We also had a short hike before going down to the beach. My professor caught me taking a picture of Darkness (my bear) while he was discussing something about parasitic plants. Haha! Here's a picture of Darkness with my friend Inji:

Hello there!!!

We went to the beach to have a relaxing lunch and stayed there for a longer time because it's really beautiful! And because it's really beautiful, my friends and I had a mini pictorial. I also took the liberty of taking my shoes off so I could walk by the shore.

Walking barefoot felt so good...

Specially when you are walking here... So beautiful

With friends (Elizabeth an Alex)... What more could I ask for?

Perhaps an orange?... I guess..

To make me this happy... =)

It was an awesome class trip and there will be more! I cannot wait to go to Cabo de Gata now! I think I am starting to love the beach and the sun setting...

Anyway, I have to go and finish packing for Madrid! I'll update as soon as I get back on Monday.

Hasta luego!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment