Sunday, June 14, 2009

Gone were the days.....

Yesterday I was planning to just sleep all day and relax, but I am glad that I didn't. My sister and I decided to do a total make over for our room. Our old room looked so shabby compared to our room right now. This is probably the first time I am gonna say that I am happy I am not going to live on campus at UIC. This room so much lovelier and homey. I love the feel and the look our room now has. It is beautifully green, a bit more spacious, full of books, and the best part was our mirror ( tocador in Tagalog). We decorated our mirror with a black fairy's wings and placed it right on the middle of the mirror's top part. It looks so pretty up there! Our room is also, of course because of my sister, full of Twilight fan posters. It is so organized here now. I wonder until when it's gonna stay like this. In front of me right now are my old text books and AP prep books. I miss school already because of these books. I cannot wait for the fall. Anyway, my sister and I never bonded like we did yesterday. We really helped each other cleaning and beautifying our room. To tell you the truth, we did not yell at each other yesterday. Not yelling at each other, for my sister and I, well it is quite abnormal since we do it on a daily basis. I am just happy she was calm and less crabby yesterday. We finished cleaning at around 9 PM and ate dinner right after. We all ate together and had a good laugh about the old times. When I say old times, those were the days when we were all back in the Philippines joking and laughing about my uncle Joel's stories specially when there is a power outage in our subdivision or when it is during the Holy Week ( these things my late grandfather hated because we tend to be so noisy). I miss those days so much! I also found some old pictures of me from my high school days in the Philippines. Back then, I was so much skinnier! In those pictures were so many memories. For one, I found my sophomore class picture. I was really skinny and we were all still considered little girls. Unfortunately, I have no scanner to use so I can post the pics here: it would have been better with the picture posted here. Sigh. I am just going to use those pictures as my motivation to lose weight. I also found more pictures from 3 or 4 years ago. I had so much more pimples and blemishes all over my face. I looked like a PIMPLE with a FACE in those pictures. I am just so glad they are almost gone now. I have about 4 left. Haha! Although, I am still not satisfied. Anyway, finding those pictures brought back so many memories to me. Maybe, when I get back to the Philippines, I am gonna bring all of our old pics. No. I will really bring them back here in Chicago.

Ok, so now off to other stuff.

I started my day right today. I woke up at 8 AM sharp. Oh how good it feels that I have slept a full 8 hour after being an insomniac for a couple of weeks. When school was only 2 weeks away from ending, I never had a good night sleep or should I say a full 8 hour sleep. I have always slept so late and woke up so early. When school ended, I still had the same sleeping pattern and it was so hard to adjust. It even got worse. I wake up early, sleep a bit in the afternoon, be up until 11 PM, took an hour nap, and stayed up from 12 AM until 5 AM. Mind you, it was really that bad. Yesterday after cleaning the entire room and half of the apartment, I felt so tired and so after showering, I fell asleep immediately ( well after I painted my nails. Haha!) Like I said, I woke up at 8 AM sharp. I pour myself some Cheerios with skim milk and had a whole glass of water. I am going to drink 8 or more glasses of water everyday and eat right. I am also planning to stay with my routine of doing just cardio every other day and running outside with a raincoat. Yes, I said raincoat. This is how I did it when I was trying to lose weight fast for a tournament in Taekwondo in the Philippines. I am just so sure it will work again. I will avoid so much meat and sweets. No other drinks than water ( except for some occasional Vodka with my friends.. say what you wanna say but I don't care. Vodka helps me forget and my parents are ok with vodka. Haha!) I saw that one egg face mask online, so maybe I will try doing that too. Total body and skin make over before college! Woohoo! I forgot to mention reading as a part of my routine, and of course cleaning our beautiful room. Ok, this entry is getting too long now. I have to say good bye. =)

AnnieTakeItEasy is really taking it easy now. ..... Au revoir

P.S I hope I can add a job to that routine soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment