Saturday, June 20, 2009

New acquaintances

It's Saturday today, the 20th of June. How fast time flew after graduation. I still have no luck in finding any kind of job and I am getting very frustrated. I hope someone calls me as soon as possible because I have to save up for college. Speaking of college, yesterday and the day before was very fun but exhausting. We had our orientation on those days and we slept over at the dormitory with our future classmates and schoolmates. It was really fun. I thought I did not want to mingle with new people, but I met a couple of them I want to hang out with as soon as we start our Fall term classes. Our group was composed of all Honors College students and I thought that we would all be just nerds but I was wrong. We went to Club Inferno ( which was really lame but had a good time just hanging out) and danced a bit. I also want to share that I came across a nice person and I think we will be really good friends. His name is Elias and he is Greek. He is a very nice person, at least that is my impression of him. We talked and I found out some cool things about him and it made me think that he is a person to respect since he is very polite and respectful of me, too. I shared a room with Nienke for that one night stay at the dormitory. She is really cool! She taught me some words in dutch. Blimey, she speaks a couple of languages aside from Dutch and English. We had a very insightful conversation sans the girly part. In the middle of our conversation the alarm went off and we rushed outside the room. I grabbed my wallet, phone, and this baby of course. It turned out to be just a false alarm due to the reconstruction of some parts of the building and so we all went back to our rooms. It was raining really hard that night and there was thunder and lightning. I was really scared to sleep so Nienke and I were up until 2 AM. The next day I was complaining of a back pain and exhaustion just like everybody else. We all met at our leader's lounge and head out to the lecture centers. The lectures were so boring we were falling asleep! Nevertheless, when the orientation ended, we all made new friends and expected to see each other again very soon. I can't wait for school to start and be officially a college student. Our Honors College group is pretty small and I am sure we will all see each other at our enormously huge campus. From my other post, I think I will take back what I said. I want to live in the dormitory now. I think I am missing a lot if I don't. Hopefully, there is a spot left. 

I am reading a new book/autobiography of Randy Pausch called The Last Lecture. He wrote this after he was diagnosed of pancreatic cancer. I will write more about this when I finish it.  I am tired now so I will stop here.

COLLEGE.... I JUST CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE. 

-Andrea-

No comments:

Post a Comment