Friday, June 26, 2009

I cannot wait for tomorrow! I am volunteering for American Cancer Society and I will get to meet little children that will inspire me to become better. They will inspire me because they have fought and worked hard against the pain and sufferings. Just like them I want to be able to fight on the sidelines. Cancer has taken so many of my loved ones and I want to know how it feels to fight it by supporting the ones that has it. In my own little way I want to be a part of their battle and help them win it. I also want to make those little children happy. I have always liked kids and that is why I will become a pediatric neurosurgeon. I want to devote my time on helping them. I want to be their saviour but not brag about it. My dream is to become just like Ben Carson. I would offer everything that I can to help. If I can elaborate on what kind of help, I would say that I want to be that person that will cure the pain for them. Recently, I have read two books that relates to cancer. I have read the book written by Randy Pausch called The Last Lecture and the novel My Sisters Keeper. Both of these books dealt with fighting cancer. On the book The Last Lecture, Randy Pausch told his story about how he fought it and stayed alive longer than his "quota" because he loves his family so dearly that he will not leave them without something that remind them of his eternal sacrifice and love. He battled pancreatic cancer longer than expected and he was able to deliver his last lecture. He showed the most memorable pictures and experiences to the 400 plus crowd that came to see him. It was one of the books I have read that really moved me. It hurts to know that his children will grow without him. This is one of the reasons too why I wanted to volunteer. Not all of the people at the event tomorrow are cancer victims, but they are the family and friends of the ones that has lost their battle. I want to continue their battle with those loved ones that were left because I, too, is a friend and family of someone that lost a battle. 

Monday will be my first day to go to a real college class. I am taking my MATH course this summer so I can go ahead and take the next level course for it. I am excited for my Fall classes too. I am ecstatic about walking around the campus. It is just sad that I have to take a bus and a long train ride just to get to and from the university. Anyway, I want to mention again that I have met new people from my orientation and I want to see them soon! 


I am really excited about so many things right now.

-Andrea-

No comments:

Post a Comment